Best Types of Insurance In Florida
Florida insurance is a state prone to hurricane damage every year due to its proximity to the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Ocean, along with the hurricanes and tropical storms that regularly form in these bodies of water. Because of this, Florida has some of the highest Florida insurance claims in the country.
Insurance Companies In Florida
When a person insures their home and other personal assets, they tend to assume that, since they have paid faithfully, their insurance claim will be respected without any problem.
Best Florida insurance claim
After classifying your Florida insurance claim, your insurer can tell you that your policy is ambivalent or that it can have several possible meanings. Another reason why your claim can be denied is that the Florida insurance company can claim that the property was not damaged, the damage resulted from the negligence of the owner or the result of another reason not covered by the insurance policy.
Bad faith type of Florida insurance.
- Unfair claim settlement practices may mean that a Florida insurance company is:
- Not adopt or implement standards for the proper investigation of claims,
- Misrepresentation of facts or provisions of the insurance policy,
- Deny claims without conducting a reasonable investigation,
- Not adequately explain the information in the policy, or
- Do not pay any undisputed amount of total or partial benefits quickly or in a timely manner.
- It is illegal for an insurer to refuse to insure and a person because of their race, color, creed, marital status, sex or nationality. In addition, an insurer can not deny a person depending on where they live, their age or where they work.
- Insurance statutes of Florida
- There are several laws within the revised Florida Insurance Statutes that relate to bad faith insurance claims and illegal business practices. The main statutes related to bad faith include:
What should you do if your Florida insurance company denies your claim?
If you believe that your Florida insurance company is acting in bad faith with respect to an insurance policy claim, the first step that many take is to contact a knowledgeable insurance lawyer. An insurance lawyer can help you decide the appropriate steps to follow when dealing with an insurance company acting in bad faith.
Florida Insurance Lawyer
Your Florida insurance lawyer can suggest that you file a civil lawsuit against your insurer for damages. When you file a claim for damages, you may be able to receive the full benefits of your policy, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
With a competent legal advisor and a firm understanding of how the law requires your Florida insurance company to act, the property damage claims process in Florida insurance will be much easier to manage, which will increase your chances of a favorable and fair result.
Michael Germain is an attorney specializing in insurance law in Tampa, Florida, who helps clients understand their legal options and the best way to go when it comes to unfair practices committed by Florida insurance companies. Michael Germain is knowledgeable in all areas of Florida insurance law and always aggressively fighting for the best interests of his clients, even if this means taking a case to court against Florida’s largest insurance companies.